Saturday, August 25, 2007

We all love animals (or at least most of us do)!

This blog has been created in the wake of the Michael Vick dog fighting incident.

ASPCAs response to the Michael Vick case

Adopt a pet at the ASPCA Adoption Center

I would like to think that everyone in this world loves some type of animal. Whether it be a Schnauzer in your house or a hound in your yard, fishes in your aquarium or reptiles in your terrarium. Animals are a huge part of our daily lives and I can't imagine living without them.

Not necessarily with the Vick incident in our minds, my husband and I recently adopted a rescue dog. She is a sweet Jack Russell Terrier (full blooded) who was obviously abused in some way. She has several injuries that should heal very well and we expect her to be a normal little Jack Russell once she recovers.

Out of all of the scenarios we came up with about what may have happened, I have decided to give her a story. If she could talk I believe this is what she would say. "I used to be a mommy to a bunch of little puppies, but they kept taking them all away from me. Then after I was too old they put me out in the street and told me to fend for myself because I was no longer profitable for them. I was on my own for a while, taking handouts and scrounging in garbage for food. Once I got into a fight with a wild animal and I was injury pretty badly. I recovered from my injuries and was out again, on my own fending for myself. Then I was hit by a car and it hurt my shoulder and broke my tail and I had a really bad limp. Then, finally, someone rescued me from the side of the road and took me in. They cared for me and fed me. They gave me medicine and made sure I had a warm place to rest. They could not keep me, so they gave me to a woman who found me a nice home with other animals to play with and really nice people to love me. Now my life is good." The end...

Here is the little one that we adopted from the rescue.



Always love and protect your friends and companions. - T

ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

0 comments:

Facebook Photos

Powered by WebRing.

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!


Content Copyright 2008-2009 Loving My Pets