Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Soggy!


The pumpkin treats didn't turn out quite like I had expected. Guess I think all dog treats should be crunchy and that is what I expected. These aren't. They are soft and I would consider them soggy, if I were eating them. They did smell really good in the oven though! Mmmmm!

As far as how the animals like them. All of the dogs will eat them, of course. :) But only one of our cats likes them. Our youngest cat, Fonzi, really likes them. But I was surprised that our oldest cat, Lucky, wouldn't eat them. He is a big (fat) cat and tries to eat everybody's food. He even tried to eat the dogs food once. That didn't go over too well. But he just smelled of the pumpkin treats and looked up at me. Kinda like he was thinking, "got anything else?". Heehee!

Anyway, here is the recipe if you want to give them a try. Maybe y'all will have better luck than me. If you make them, let me know how it goes. Maybe I did something wrong. :\

Pumpkin Puff Pet Treats

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Drop tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet and press flat with a fork.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes (mine took longer than this) and then cool on a rack before serving.
To maximize freshness, be sure to store the treats in an airtight container.

(Note: If your Pet has a pre-existing medical condition, please consult your veterinarian before introducing a new food into your Pet's diet.)

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jodi's Book Reviews said...

aw sorry to hearz dat, mom lubs dem kindz.

You guys have two awards waiting for you on our blog.

Skitto, Peanut and ChyChy

http://skittoandchyanne.blogspot.com

LisaLisa said...

Wow..I will be sharing this with my daughter one of her Xmas gifts will be a cat...she has been asking for a cat for over three years...so yes I have given in to her getting one. We will pick it up on Dec 19..so you know she will be very excited. Thanks for sharing!

Facebook Photos

Powered by WebRing.

Dog, Dogs, Canine Wonderland! - Discover all you could ever want to know about dogs, get lots of free dog stuff, and interact with dog owners from around the world in our informative dog forums at I-Love-Dogs.com!


Content Copyright 2008-2009 Loving My Pets